Good practice when you're away
When leaving the property for a long period of time, it is important that you carry out the following:
- Let us know so that we can keep an eye on the property in your absence and carry out checks if necessary;
- Ensure all windows are closed and locked;
- The alarm has been put on (if relevant);
- That all of the doors are secure and locked;
- During the winter months, you should leave the heating on even if this is for an hour a day. This is to ensure that the pipes do not freeze over and burst. This could result in a serious leak in your property.